Equilibrium Asset Management is the award winning Chartered wealth management company, named as one of the best small companies to work for in the Times 100 Best companies list.
Headquartered in Wilmslow, Cheshire, we oversee more than £850 million worth of assets and are committed to delivering an exceptional service to all our clients.
Since 1995, Equilibrium has been providing friendly expertise on wealth and investment management, pensions and estate planning strategies. Going beyond just providing advice on investments, we develop long-term financial plans for clients, making a positive difference to people so that life can be enjoyed.
We require an Adviser Manager to support the founder of the business in managing a growing team of financial advisers. Working with the founder and the Managing Partner this position requires an individual who is able to work across all departments, ensuring that the team of advisers deliver the company’s objectives.
This newly created position requires someone with exceptional people skills as well as a proven ability to deliver against objectives. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to help grow and shape the future of Equilibrium. As the founders ‘right hand person’ this position will present its own unique set of challenges but will be highly rewarding for the right person.
To achieve this our new Adviser Manager will have;
- Notable experience in financial services/wealth management
- Industry qualifications (minimum Level 4 Diploma however the role will be dealing with Chartered Financial Planners)
- An understanding of the wealth management landscape including all legislative and regulatory requirements in order to work in conjunction with our internal compliance team
- Experience in the logistics of running a team
- Experience of working alongside other Team Leaders and managers in a collaborative environment
- Ability to produce MI reporting and extract data from our CRM systems
- Positive attitude designed to encourage and support team members at all stages of their development
- Ability to create a best-practice led environment to ensure the adviser team achieve their KPI's
- The responsibilities that come with sitting on the senior management team.
The person we require to become our Adviser Manager will;
- Work with the founder of Equilibrium to ensure the efficient and strategic management of the adviser team
- Support Financial Advisers to help them achieve relevant professional qualifications and maintain appropriate knowledge through CPD
- Support new advisers to achieve their outcomes
- Along with our founder, inspire and encourage appropriate strategy, operational activity and best practice aimed at enhancing the quality of business and results
- Report to the founder of the business and the Managing Partner keeping them up to date on key matters and risks that involve the Advisers
Our new Adviser Manager will have no trouble;
- Getting things done
- Producing reports using Excel and our CRM Systems
- Keeping up with our IT savvy team
- Being authentic and real, we don’t want any phoneys
- Displaying massive amounts of enthusiasm, energy, positivity, motivation and passion without exhausting those around you!
- Competitive and self-assured without being arrogant or pushy.
- Passionate about learning and growth so you get the very best out of your team.
- Results focused.
- Able to change tack without it sending you into a tail spin.
- Comfortable with change and a fast paced environment.
- Displaying huge amounts of integrity, charming authority, a fantastic work ethic and generally being a great person to have around!
- Must be from a wealth management/financial services background
- Professional with the ability to understand Equilibrium’s ‘friendly expert’ client service
- Highly developed people skills
- Negotiation skills
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, internally and externally
- Manage a variety of personalities to achieve optimum outcomes
- Have experience of working at a senior level
- Organised with the ability to produce detailed reports and analysis of KPI’s
Finding the right people is at the heart of our success. Our hard-working, friendly team have fostered a healthy working environment that aims to bring out the best in everyone that works here.
We are very proud of our team and their commitment to excellence. We reward all team members with some of the most competitive salaries in the market place, challenging and exciting roles, fantastic benefits and a great place to work.
We have a friendly and relaxed recruitment process that sets up apart from other companies from the very start!
If you want to enjoy the time you spend at work and believe you have the relevant qualifications, a commitment and willingness to work for an award winning, forward thinking business, then why not check us out on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to see what the team get up to!
Competitive basic salary, contributory pension, bonus, 33 days holiday plus bank holidays (going up to 38 with length of service) plus loads of other great benefits.
Apply for this job
If this job sounds like the one for you please fill in the form below and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.
For me, it's having the chance to find my path, focus my strengths and being given the freedom, with some much needed guidance along the way, to add value where I’m able to and the tools and drive to see where I can improve.
I think Equilibrium is a great place to work as employees are treated as adults. Information is openly shared so that people feel involved and in the loop. We ask for people’s ideas and implement the good ones. People are treated fairly, praised where it is due and held accountable when they don’t deliver. I feel we have a culture where work life balance is important with the holiday package and flexibility around hours.
For me it is the friendly and supportive people here at Equilibrium. I have really enjoyed the training and development I have received from the Academy so far. It has provided me with valuable skills which has helped my personal and professional development that I can take into the future.
In a sector that can often be confusing and complicated, we try and make things as simple as we can. I love our approach to problem solving, particularly for technical areas. We try and get right to the heart of the issue and ask why we are doing something, how it helps the client, and how it helps us to do our job. We don’t just do things because it’s what we’ve always done, or because everyone else is doing it.
I like the focus on creating a happy place to work including the attitudes and culture of team I work with. I also appreciate the work-life balance aspects as no matter how nice it is in work, it’s always good to have plenty of holidays.
I have been at Equilibrium for nearly 10 years and it still remains a great place to work. Even though the company has grown substantially over the years, it has maintained it’s culture.
It’s great to work in such an entrepreneurial environment where everyone is on the same wavelength. I also love how my role has a direct impact on staff and clients; it gives me a real sense of satisfaction when new ideas and processes work well.
There is a strong sense of purpose within the company and an understanding that the work we do can have a really positive impact on our clients lives. Every day is different, challenging and I'm encouraged to try new things and be innovative.