Equilibrium are an award winning Chartered wealth management company based in Handforth Dean, Cheshire. Recently named one of the top 10 best small companies to work for in the Times Top 100 survey for the third year running and Employer of the Year at the Greater Manchester Business awards. We oversee more than £850 million worth of assets. We provide a positive and collaborative environment for all team members to ensure they achieve their full potential.
We are now looking to recruit an Assistant to work with our Head of Culture, to ensure that Equilibrium continues to improve its’ award-winning culture that values the team and is one of the many reasons Equilibrium is a great place to work.
The culture at Equilibrium is something we are very proud of and it takes work to ensure that we have a robust and enjoyable recruitment process and that once here the team feel valued, listened to and looked after.
This role requires someone who is highly organised; able to work on many different projects at once; is happy working in a fast-paced and very varied role; has a fantastic eye for detail and most importantly enjoys dealing with people!
This isn't a traditional HR assistant role and whilst there will be HR tasks to get involved with, this role will also focus on culture, wellbeing, recruitment and internal event co-ordination.
This is an exciting and genuinely unique role that has the team at it’s heart. It will suit someone who’s at the beginning of their HR journey, or who’s worked in a varied PA role, or perhaps someone who’s worked in a HR function but finds it too restrictive and (lets be totally honest) a bit dull. Working within Culture at EQ is never dull, there’s so much variety and every day is different. With a growing team of over 85 people who are all celebrating milestones and enjoying all that working at EQ has to offer, the Culture team at EQ are constantly busy ensuring that people feel valued and are treated brilliantly.
A typical day could see you popping to M&S to buy cupcakes to celebrate a work anniversary, setting up a briefing, organising a masseur to come on site for the team, writing up offer letters and contracts, doing admin tasks, planning an event, making popcorn and delivering treats to the team – it’s that varied and fun!
As a Times 100 Best company to work for (celebrating our third year in the top ten) and winners of Special Awards for Engagement practice it’s important that we continue to innovate and improve on our current practices and ensure that EQ’s award winning culture gets better and better.
We do things differently at EQ so it’s important to understand what it’s like to work with us. We work at a very fast pace with high expectations from the senior management, your peers and our clients. Everyone that works here can expect to be very busy, learning lots and receiving lots of constructive feedback along the way. In return you can expect to have lots of fun working in a business that treats it’s team with the upmost respect and rewards everyone with lots of great perks, a fantastic working environment and lots of career progression opportunities for the right people.
On a day to day basis the Assistant to the Head of Culture will;
- Need to demonstrate fantastic administration skills – ideally being very comfortable with excel and database management
- Be involved in the new starter process
- Help with the recruitment piece ensuring that candidates are contacted and kept well informed
- Be responsible for interesting and relevant content creation and scheduling daily Instagram posts using a social media management platform (Check out our page to see what we get up to)
- Deal with all types of people and correspondence so excellent spoken and written communication skills are a must
- Deal with highly confidential information so being professional and discreet is paramount
- Create quality, error free documents, reports, spreadsheets, presentations and agendas that are presented in an easily digestible way
- Support the Head of Culture in all ad hoc projects as and when they come up
- Manage relationships with candidates, 3rd party suppliers (such as recruiters) and the team at EQ
- Help to organise monthly, quarterly and annual team briefings
- Help to organise spirit team events
- Co-ordinate with the marketing team for the creation of infographics, videos and documents for internal and external use
The qualities we are looking for in our new Assistant to the Head of Culture are;
- Friendly and approachable
- Loves dealing with people
- Confident with a sense of humour
- Able to work well in sometimes very pressurised situations
- Able to think ahead/anticipate needs and work on own initiative
- Accurate and precise with a high attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Passionate about people wellbeing and culture
- Professional with an ethical approach to work
- IT literate
- Able to manage their own time brilliantly
Our new Assistant to the Head of Culture will enjoy;
- Getting things done quickly and efficiently whilst keeping Head of Culture informed
- Spinning lots of plates
- Being authentic and real, we don’t want any phoneys
- Displaying massive amounts of enthusiasm, energy, positivity, motivation and passion without exhausting those around you!
- Being self-assured and confident without being arrogant or pushy
- The variety this role will bring
- Being comfortable with change and a fast-paced environment, and able to change tack without going into a tail spin
- Demonstrating masses of integrity, a fantastic work ethic and generally being a trustworthy and awesome person to have around!
Finding the right people is at the heart of our success. Our hard-working, friendly team have fostered a healthy working environment that aims to bring out the best in everyone that works here.
We are very proud of our team and their commitment to excellence. We reward all team members with some of the most competitive salaries in the market place, challenging and exciting roles, fantastic benefits and a great place to work.
We have a friendly and relaxed recruitment process that sets us apart from other companies from the very start!
If you want to enjoy the time you spend at work and believe you have the relevant qualifications, a commitment and willingness to work for an award winning, forward thinking business, then why not check us out on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to see what the team get up to!
Competitive basic salary, contributory pension, bonus, 33 days holiday plus bank holidays (going up to 38 with length of service) plus loads of other great benefits.
Apply for this job
If this job sounds like the one for you please fill in the form below and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.
For me, it's having the chance to find my path, focus my strengths and being given the freedom, with some much needed guidance along the way, to add value where I’m able to and the tools and drive to see where I can improve.
I think Equilibrium is a great place to work as employees are treated as adults. Information is openly shared so that people feel involved and in the loop. We ask for people’s ideas and implement the good ones. People are treated fairly, praised where it is due and held accountable when they don’t deliver. I feel we have a culture where work life balance is important with the holiday package and flexibility around hours.
For me it is the friendly and supportive people here at Equilibrium. I have really enjoyed the training and development I have received from the Academy so far. It has provided me with valuable skills which has helped my personal and professional development that I can take into the future.
In a sector that can often be confusing and complicated, we try and make things as simple as we can. I love our approach to problem solving, particularly for technical areas. We try and get right to the heart of the issue and ask why we are doing something, how it helps the client, and how it helps us to do our job. We don’t just do things because it’s what we’ve always done, or because everyone else is doing it.
I like the focus on creating a happy place to work including the attitudes and culture of team I work with. I also appreciate the work-life balance aspects as no matter how nice it is in work, it’s always good to have plenty of holidays.
I have been at Equilibrium for nearly 10 years and it still remains a great place to work. Even though the company has grown substantially over the years, it has maintained it’s culture.
It’s great to work in such an entrepreneurial environment where everyone is on the same wavelength. I also love how my role has a direct impact on staff and clients; it gives me a real sense of satisfaction when new ideas and processes work well.
There is a strong sense of purpose within the company and an understanding that the work we do can have a really positive impact on our clients lives. Every day is different, challenging and I'm encouraged to try new things and be innovative.