Equilibrium are an award winning Chartered wealth management company based in Handforth Dean, Cheshire. Named one of the top 10 best small companies to work for in the Times Top 100 survey for the third year running and Employer of the Year at the Greater Manchester Business awards. We oversee more than £850 million worth of assets and provide a positive and collaborative environment for all team members to ensure they achieve their full potential.
We are now looking to hire an events coordinator to work within our marketing team. Our new events coordinator will be responsible for running an existing calendar of events which caters to various marketing needs.
The role is instrumental in ensuring the smooth running of various events throughout the year. Due to the versatile nature of these events we need someone who is able to change tack at a moment’s notice and is equally happy liaising with a client, guest speaker or racing car driver – all of whom will have very different needs!
This role requires passion for perfection, the desire to deliver something exceptional (time and again), the ability to anticipate problems before they happen and to be able to calmly deal with things when they go wrong, as they inevitably will. It also requires someone who’s got the confidence to demand the best from third party suppliers, is the very epitome of a swan (calm on the surface, paddling like heck underneath), a fast learner with the enthusiasm and drive to make the events that Equilibrium hold renowned for their professionalism, quality and value.
We do things differently at EQ so It’s important to understand what it’s like to work with us. We work at a very fast pace with high expectations from the senior management, your peers and our clients. Everyone that works here can expect to be very busy, learning lots and receiving lots of constructive feedback along the way. In return you can expect to have lots of fun working in a business that treats it’s team with the upmost respect and rewards everyone with lots of great perks, a fantastic working environment and lots of career progression opportunities for the right people.
As our Events Coordinator you will be heavily involved in;
- Venue sourcing and space use (seating/table plans, room arrangements)
- Preparation and sourcing of corporate material for event distribution
- Managing our many events from start to finish ensuring that their delivery is to the highest possible standard
- Agreeing and sourcing menus and catering arrangements
- Sourcing technical material such as mics, monitors, projectors etc.
- Preparation of data capture methods such as feedback forms, pre-event questionnaires etc.
- Scheduling internal staff to support events
- Attending and ensuring the smooth-running of events on the day – we’d expect you to be the one that’s there first and no doubt the one that leaves last.
- Post-event reporting and identifying business leads to be passed on to the correct people
- Continuously assessing the effectiveness of events as a marketing tool
- Occasionally assisting with internal events
- Dealing with supplier contracts
- Managing a large budget
The person we need to take on this role will have;
- Previous event management experience
- Excellent communication skills as this will be a client facing role
- The ability to work independently and take ownership of event projects
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure at busy times of the events calendar
- Extremely high standards
- Off the scale attention to detail
Our new events coordinator will have no trouble;
- Getting things done
- Being the most organised person in the room
- Being calm when things go wrong – as they inevitably will!
- Understanding individuals needs at events and being only too happy to cater for them
- Being authentic and real, we don’t want any phoneys
- Displaying massive amounts of enthusiasm, energy, positivity, motivation and passion without exhausting those around you!
- Learning from every event to ensure that the next one is even better
- Being self-assured without being arrogant or pushy
- Changing tack without it sending you into a tail spin
- Comfortable with change and a fast paced environment
- Being able to work in a confident, outgoing and friendly manner
- Demonstrating huge amounts of integrity, a fantastic work ethic and generally being a great person to have around!
Finding the right people is at the heart of our success. Our hard-working, friendly team have fostered a healthy working environment that aims to bring out the best in everyone that works here.
We are very proud of our team and their commitment to excellence. We reward all team members with some of the most competitive salaries in the market place, challenging and exciting roles, fantastic benefits and a great place to work.
We have a friendly and relaxed recruitment process that sets us apart from other companies from the very start!
If you want to enjoy the time you spend at work and believe you have the relevant qualifications, a commitment and willingness to work for an award winning, forward thinking business, then why not check us out on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to see what the team get up to!
Competitive basic salary, contributory pension, bonus, 33 days holiday plus bank holidays (going up to 38 with length of service) plus loads of other great benefits.
Apply for this job
If this job sounds like the one for you please fill in the form below and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.
For me, it's having the chance to find my path, focus my strengths and being given the freedom, with some much needed guidance along the way, to add value where I’m able to and the tools and drive to see where I can improve.
I think Equilibrium is a great place to work as employees are treated as adults. Information is openly shared so that people feel involved and in the loop. We ask for people’s ideas and implement the good ones. People are treated fairly, praised where it is due and held accountable when they don’t deliver. I feel we have a culture where work life balance is important with the holiday package and flexibility around hours.
For me it is the friendly and supportive people here at Equilibrium. I have really enjoyed the training and development I have received from the Academy so far. It has provided me with valuable skills which has helped my personal and professional development that I can take into the future.
In a sector that can often be confusing and complicated, we try and make things as simple as we can. I love our approach to problem solving, particularly for technical areas. We try and get right to the heart of the issue and ask why we are doing something, how it helps the client, and how it helps us to do our job. We don’t just do things because it’s what we’ve always done, or because everyone else is doing it.
I like the focus on creating a happy place to work including the attitudes and culture of team I work with. I also appreciate the work-life balance aspects as no matter how nice it is in work, it’s always good to have plenty of holidays.
I have been at Equilibrium for nearly 10 years and it still remains a great place to work. Even though the company has grown substantially over the years, it has maintained it’s culture.
It’s great to work in such an entrepreneurial environment where everyone is on the same wavelength. I also love how my role has a direct impact on staff and clients; it gives me a real sense of satisfaction when new ideas and processes work well.
There is a strong sense of purpose within the company and an understanding that the work we do can have a really positive impact on our clients lives. Every day is different, challenging and I'm encouraged to try new things and be innovative.