Equilibrium are an award-winning Chartered wealth management company based in Handforth Dean, Cheshire. Named one of the top 10 best small companies to work for in the Times Top 100 survey for the second year running and Employer of the Year at the Greater Manchester Business awards. We oversee more than £850 million worth of assets and provide a positive and collaborative environment for all team members to ensure we achieve everyone’s full potential.
We are now looking for an Executive Assistant to work directly with both our Managing Partner and our Founder to support them with the logistics of running a successful business, their personal schedules and various projects. This is a pivotal role that requires an individual who is extremely organised, competent, professional and diligent.
Responsible for managing another PA the Executive Assistant will take lead on the day to day running of the Managing Partner and Founder’s work and personal schedules along with a huge number of ad hoc tasks.
This role is the right-hand person to both our Managing Partner and our Founder so it’s important to understand what it’s like to work with them. They have extremely high but very fair standards, they work at a fast pace and need those around them to keep up. They respond well to honesty, integrity, problem solving, hard work, a sense of humour and pro-activity.
They don’t respond well to waffle, laziness, negativity, dishonesty (it’s ok not to know an answer but don’t try to make one up), a lack of care or a lack of interest.
So if you are looking for a role that will be both a fantastic challenge and massively rewarding; you want to work with a team of great people and you believe that you have masses of integrity are a great problem solver who loves to work hard and have fun then read on...
On a day to day basis the Executive Assistant will;
- Be responsible for comprehensive diary management - ensuring that meetings happen when they should and that all attendees are in the right place at the right time
- Need to demonstrate fantastic administration skills
- Be required to emulate our Managing Partner’s and Founder’s written and verbal style – hitting the right tone is key
- Be responsible for managing budgets
- Deal with all types of correspondence so excellent spoken and written communication skills are a must
- Deal with highly confidential information so being professional and discreet is paramount
- Create quality, error free documents, reports, spreadsheets, presentations and agendas that are presented in an easily digestible way
- Attend senior strategy meetings to record, distribute and chase actions
- Work on many projects at once both personal and business-related
- Manage relationships with clients, 3rd party suppliers and the team at EQ on behalf of the Managing Partner and Founder so striking a good balance between firm yet massively personable is key here!
- Organise worldwide travel and accommodation to a very high standard
- Produce various reports on key business metrics again in a digestible manner
- Assist with personal appointments and various projects on an ad hoc basis
The qualities we are looking for in our new Executive Assistant are;
- Friendly and approachable
- Confident with a sense of humour
- Able to work well in sometimes very pressurised situations
- Able to think ahead/anticipate needs and work on own initiative
- Accurate and precise with a high attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Experience of working as an assistant before
- Professional with an ethical approach to work
- Used to working with senior management and all the challenges that brings
- IT literate to a very high level
- Able to manage their own time brilliantly
Our new Executive Assistant will enjoy;
- Getting things done quickly and efficiently whilst keeping primarily the Managing Partner informed
- Working with two successful business owners with differing working styles but very similar high standards
- Spinning lots of plates
- Asking lots of questions and going into detail in order to fulfil our Managing Partner’s need for lots of information when relevant
- Being authentic and real, we don’t want any phoneys
- Displaying massive amounts of enthusiasm, energy, positivity, motivation and passion without exhausting those around you!
- Being self-assured and confident without being arrogant or pushy
- The variety this role will bring
- Being comfortable with change and a fast-paced environment, and able to change tack without going into a tail spin
- Demonstrating masses of integrity, a fantastic work ethic and generally being a trustworthy and awesome person to have around!
Finding the right people is at the heart of our success. Our hard-working, friendly team have fostered a healthy working environment that aims to bring out the best in everyone that works here.
We are very proud of our team and their commitment to excellence. We reward all team members with some of the most competitive salaries in the market place, challenging and exciting roles, fantastic benefits and a great place to work.
We have a friendly and relaxed recruitment process that sets up apart from other companies from the very start!
If you want to enjoy the time you spend at work and believe you have the relevant qualifications, a commitment and willingness to work for an award winning, forward thinking business, then why not check us out on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to see what the team get up to!
Competitive basic salary, contributory pension, bonus, 33 days holiday plus bank holidays (going up to 38 with length of service) plus loads of other great benefits.
Apply for this job
If this job sounds like the one for you please fill in the form below and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.
For me, it's having the chance to find my path, focus my strengths and being given the freedom, with some much needed guidance along the way, to add value where I’m able to and the tools and drive to see where I can improve.
I think Equilibrium is a great place to work as employees are treated as adults. Information is openly shared so that people feel involved and in the loop. We ask for people’s ideas and implement the good ones. People are treated fairly, praised where it is due and held accountable when they don’t deliver. I feel we have a culture where work life balance is important with the holiday package and flexibility around hours.
For me it is the friendly and supportive people here at Equilibrium. I have really enjoyed the training and development I have received from the Academy so far. It has provided me with valuable skills which has helped my personal and professional development that I can take into the future.
In a sector that can often be confusing and complicated, we try and make things as simple as we can. I love our approach to problem solving, particularly for technical areas. We try and get right to the heart of the issue and ask why we are doing something, how it helps the client, and how it helps us to do our job. We don’t just do things because it’s what we’ve always done, or because everyone else is doing it.
I like the focus on creating a happy place to work including the attitudes and culture of team I work with. I also appreciate the work-life balance aspects as no matter how nice it is in work, it’s always good to have plenty of holidays.
I have been at Equilibrium for nearly 10 years and it still remains a great place to work. Even though the company has grown substantially over the years, it has maintained it’s culture.
It’s great to work in such an entrepreneurial environment where everyone is on the same wavelength. I also love how my role has a direct impact on staff and clients; it gives me a real sense of satisfaction when new ideas and processes work well.
There is a strong sense of purpose within the company and an understanding that the work we do can have a really positive impact on our clients lives. Every day is different, challenging and I'm encouraged to try new things and be innovative.