Equilibrium are an award-winning Chartered wealth management company based in Handforth Dean, Cheshire. Named one of the top 10 best small companies to work for in the Times Top 100 survey for the fourth year running in 2020.
We specialise in financial planning, tax mitigation and investment planning. So do many other firms, but what makes us different is our purpose.
Our purpose “is to make our clients, our team and our communities lives better”.
We are now looking to appoint a Head of Marketing to develop our brand, including how we interact with our existing clients and make a wider audience aware of our purpose. Ensuring that we have the right plans in place to meet our growth and retention targets, through the outstanding leadership and development of the 4 marketeers in the team.
This role sits within the senior leadership team and reports directly to our managing partner, and of course you will want to know what it’s like to work with them. They are a collaborative bunch of people who trust one another to deliver our purpose on a daily basis and are welcoming and friendly. Most importantly, there are no egos! Everyone at Equilibrium exhibits the standards of a high performing team, working at pace, proactively, to meet the needs of an ever changing world. They respond well to honesty, integrity, problem solving, hard work, and of course a great sense of humour.
The team at Equilibrium don’t respond well to waffle, laziness, negativity, dishonesty (it’s ok not to know an answer but don’t try to make one up), a lack of care or a lack of interest. Not that this would describe you of course, but there are some people around like that!
So, if you are dynamic, proactive and looking for a role with a purpose that will be both a fantastic challenge and massively rewarding. You want to work with a team of great people and believe that you have integrity and are a great problem solver who loves to work hard and have fun then read on...
The Head of Marketing will be instrumental in ensuring that we maximise our marketing channels to increase revenue, create new and exciting opportunities and drive our marketing strategy to keep us as one of the leading wealth management businesses in the North West.
To achieve this the Head of Marketing will;
- Maintain, promote and protect Equilibrium’s brand identity and reputation.
- Brilliantly lead our motivated marketing team ensuring that the whole team are working effectively together towards the same goals and purpose of the business and their own personal development goals.
- Develop the strategic marketing plans for Equilibrium, assessing all marketing channels including social, digital, print, suppliers and events in a clear and insights driven way.
- Help to create effective campaigns working closely with other areas of the business.
- Devise annual strategy plans, and breaking these into a smart series of event campaigns that are relevant, timely and deliver great outcomes.
- Own the marketing budget and report on marketing analytics ensuring that there is a clear picture for the senior leadership team of what works well and what doesn’t.
- Be a collaborative and present member of the senior leadership team.
- Plan, present and execute operational reviews to the senior leadership team and our non-executive partner, ensuring what is planned gets done on time and to budget.
The person we need to take on this role will;
- Have a strong strategic marketing background, this will include understanding higher level brand and client aims.
- Be a fantastic communicator internally and externally.
- Ideally have a Financial Services Marketing background.
- Have exceptional senior stakeholder management skills.
- Be a strategic decision maker based on accurate insights and data.
- Can show strong results across both acquisition and retention.
- Have an in-depth understanding of bringing together all marketing channels both traditional and those that are emerging.
- Have experience of leading and managing a dedicated team of marketeers that includes communication, digital, video and design specialists. Ensuring that they are kept motivated and have clear direction and leadership.
Our new Head of Marketing will have no trouble;
- Getting things done.
- Being authentic and real, we don’t want any phoneys.
- Displaying massive amounts of enthusiasm, energy, positivity, motivation and passion without exhausting those around you!
- Being confident and self-assured without being arrogant or pushy.
- Being passionate about learning and growth so you get the very best out of your marketing team.
- Being motivated.
- Being results focused, with a ‘Personal Best’ mentality of continually looking for Equilibrium to be the best and deliver on its purpose.
- Demonstrating an ability to handle ambiguity and change tack without it sending you or the marketing team into a tailspin.
- Comfortable with change and a fast-paced environment.
- Huge amounts of integrity, a fantastic work ethic and generally a great person to have around!
Finding the right people is at the heart of our success. Our hard-working, friendly team have fostered a healthy working environment that aims to bring out the best in everyone that works here, that is why we are a Sunday Times Top 10 Best Company to work for!
We are very proud of our team and their commitment to excellence. We reward all team members with some of the most competitive salaries in the marketplace, challenging and exciting roles, fantastic benefits and a great place to work.
If you want to enjoy the time you spend at work and believe you have the relevant qualifications, a commitment and willingness to work for an award winning, forward thinking business, then why not check us out on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to see what the team get up to!
Competitive basic salary, contributory pension, bonus, 33 days holiday plus bank holidays (going up to 38 with length of service) plus loads of other great benefits.
Apply for this job
If this job sounds like the one for you please fill in the form below and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.
For me, it's having the chance to find my path, focus my strengths and being given the freedom, with some much needed guidance along the way, to add value where I’m able to and the tools and drive to see where I can improve.
I think Equilibrium is a great place to work as employees are treated as adults. Information is openly shared so that people feel involved and in the loop. We ask for people’s ideas and implement the good ones. People are treated fairly, praised where it is due and held accountable when they don’t deliver. I feel we have a culture where work life balance is important with the holiday package and flexibility around hours.
For me it is the friendly and supportive people here at Equilibrium. I have really enjoyed the training and development I have received from the Academy so far. It has provided me with valuable skills which has helped my personal and professional development that I can take into the future.
In a sector that can often be confusing and complicated, we try and make things as simple as we can. I love our approach to problem solving, particularly for technical areas. We try and get right to the heart of the issue and ask why we are doing something, how it helps the client, and how it helps us to do our job. We don’t just do things because it’s what we’ve always done, or because everyone else is doing it.
I like the focus on creating a happy place to work including the attitudes and culture of team I work with. I also appreciate the work-life balance aspects as no matter how nice it is in work, it’s always good to have plenty of holidays.
I have been at Equilibrium for nearly 10 years and it still remains a great place to work. Even though the company has grown substantially over the years, it has maintained it’s culture.
It’s great to work in such an entrepreneurial environment where everyone is on the same wavelength. I also love how my role has a direct impact on staff and clients; it gives me a real sense of satisfaction when new ideas and processes work well.
There is a strong sense of purpose within the company and an understanding that the work we do can have a really positive impact on our clients lives. Every day is different, challenging and I'm encouraged to try new things and be innovative.