Equilibrium Asset Management are an award winning Chartered wealth management company based in Handforth Dean, Cheshire. Named one of the top 10 best small companies to work for in the Times Top 100 survey for the second year running. We oversee more than £850 million worth of assets and provide a positive and collaborative environment for all team members to ensure we achieve everyone’s full potential.
We are now looking to recruit a Technology Manager to provide relationship management of our 3rd party technology providers. As well as managing and ensuring successful end-to-end delivery of technology projects to agreed times, costs and quality. As a business that relies heavily on its mainly cloud based systems we require someone who is as comfortable talking to techies as you are to someone who struggles to open their emails!
This is a newly created role that requires someone with excellent communication skills and a clear understanding of the importance of our systems infrastructure.
This role requires someone to work closely with various departments within Equilibrium as well as third party suppliers so the successful candidate will need to be able to manage their work load effectively and have no issue with working on various projects at any given time.
Our Technology Manager will;
- Be responsible for the relationship management of 3rd party technology providers including;
- IT Support
- Cyber Security
- Administer a portfolio of business critical back office and client facing systems
- Identify and implement new technology solutions and integrations
- Manage technology improvement projects and issue resolution
- Understand the day to day functionality of our systems and Equilibriums business requirements
- Be able to communicate across our entire business and with our suppliers in a friendly, confident and easy to understand way
The ideal candidate
- A strong IT background, understanding Microsoft SharePoint and Dynamics would be a huge advantage
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Brilliant communication skills and the ability to liase with IT specialists, providers and stakeholders within Equilibrium
- Be a self-starter
- Possibly a degree in a relevant discipline
Being a member of the EQ team they will have no problems:
- Getting things done
- Being authentic and real, we don’t want any phoneys
- Displaying massive amounts of enthusiasm, energy, positivity, motivation and passion without exhausting those around you!
- Passionate about learning and growth
- Motivated to do a great job
- Able to change tack without it sending you into a tail spin
- Comfortable with change and a fast paced environment
- Getting across sometimes complicated and technical ideas and solutions to a wide audience without blinding people with science
- Huge amounts of integrity, a fantastic work ethic and generally a great person to have around!
Finding the right people is at the heart of our success. Our hard-working, friendly team have fostered a healthy working environment that aims to bring out the best in everyone that works here.
We are very proud of our team and their commitment to excellence. We reward all team members with some of the most competitive salaries in the market place, challenging and exciting roles, fantastic benefits and a great place to work.
We have a friendly and relaxed recruitment process that sets up apart from other companies from the very start!
If you want to enjoy the time you spend at work and believe you have the relevant qualifications, a commitment and willingness to work for an award winning, forward thinking business, then why not check us out on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to see what the team get up to!
Competitive basic salary, contributory pension, bonus, 33 days holiday plus bank holidays (going up to 38 with length of service) plus loads of other great benefits.
Apply for this job
If this job sounds like the one for you please fill in the form below and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.
For me, it's having the chance to find my path, focus my strengths and being given the freedom, with some much needed guidance along the way, to add value where I’m able to and the tools and drive to see where I can improve.
I think Equilibrium is a great place to work as employees are treated as adults. Information is openly shared so that people feel involved and in the loop. We ask for people’s ideas and implement the good ones. People are treated fairly, praised where it is due and held accountable when they don’t deliver. I feel we have a culture where work life balance is important with the holiday package and flexibility around hours.
For me it is the friendly and supportive people here at Equilibrium. I have really enjoyed the training and development I have received from the Academy so far. It has provided me with valuable skills which has helped my personal and professional development that I can take into the future.
In a sector that can often be confusing and complicated, we try and make things as simple as we can. I love our approach to problem solving, particularly for technical areas. We try and get right to the heart of the issue and ask why we are doing something, how it helps the client, and how it helps us to do our job. We don’t just do things because it’s what we’ve always done, or because everyone else is doing it.
I like the focus on creating a happy place to work including the attitudes and culture of team I work with. I also appreciate the work-life balance aspects as no matter how nice it is in work, it’s always good to have plenty of holidays.
I have been at Equilibrium for nearly 10 years and it still remains a great place to work. Even though the company has grown substantially over the years, it has maintained it’s culture.
It’s great to work in such an entrepreneurial environment where everyone is on the same wavelength. I also love how my role has a direct impact on staff and clients; it gives me a real sense of satisfaction when new ideas and processes work well.
There is a strong sense of purpose within the company and an understanding that the work we do can have a really positive impact on our clients lives. Every day is different, challenging and I'm encouraged to try new things and be innovative.